Developed and managed ecommerce Web application and designed Website. Includes a catalog builder and image manager that allows client to add, modify and delete products from Website’s online catalog. The application includes a shopping cart, order form, reports, automated email responses, and several administrator tools to manage users and track runtime errors. Other tools include an authoring tool that allows client to create Web pages and email customers referencing newly created Web pages.
- Customer first logs in and then places order with options dependent on the product they pick.
- Customer can add a product they build based on options they pick through a re-calculate button. A catolog builder (authoring tool) builds pages with images and added options.
- An administration area displays users to add, remove or modify with automated emails on several options administration selects.
- Orders log displays orders as a database to updating and other maintenance issues.
- Marketing tool generates HTML-formatted (template) emails based on settings in control panel and sends to specified existing users and monitors visitor traffic of existing marketing campaigns with easy-to-read reports.
- Easy-to-use generated/downloading reports for user data, error log, etc.
Developed and managed 3-tier application that manages company internal quality documentation and logs time and task data based on specific projects. The company’s subcontractors are able to log work done for project’s specific tasks and attach images to visually show completed work. Client can manage project based on automatically generated graphic-based reports and quickly inform customer of project status. Application allows allows company to create and manage all quotes, purchase orders, invoices and shippers, including other common tasks, and manages users accessibility to user- and role-protected areas.
- Project management tool to record and show progress of products being built by subcontractors
- Creation and management of quotes, purchase orders, invoices and shippers
- User management control panel for user accessibility
Customer Service Management (CRM)
Developed application company wanted their tech support employees (both onsight and offsight) and customers to interface with their database. This database is written through a popular Windows-based CRM software.
- Tech support offsight can now update and close tickets and customers can log in and check the status of their technical support call.
- When a ticket is 'Tech Closed' a survey is automatically emailed to the customer letting them know the job is completed according to the tech support employee. The customer then can verify that the work is done correctly through the survey.
- The results of surveys are saved to a database and an email is sent to the manager. The manager can also check the status of tickets through a dozen different types of reports based on the variety of information that is entered through the Web application.
- Customer can see a listing of all open calls. By selecting one of the hot links, a detailed report is displayed on when the call was logged, a description of the problem, who was assigned to the call, and a description on how and when the problem will be resolved. Tech support login, specified by the visitor's role, provides all the necessary functions to maintain and close calls.
- Additional features include reports to track performance and a search engine.
Travel Bodhi is a sample online travel logistics and itinerary tool (Travel Bodhi. It allows users to add their own personal accommodations, attractions and entertainment of the cities they plan on visiting. This is a partially sample application built using ASP.NET and a SQL Server database. It's database driven, so adding countries, cities, etc. needs only to be added to the database through an admin control panel.
- ASP.NET 4.0
- SQL Server Database
- Photoshop - Image editing
- Dynamic layout through CSS and Themes
- Non-permanent layout and styles allowing for major changes through tweaks
- Masterpages, sitemaps, user controls, etc. to lower development maintenance time
- Compatible standards for all browsers and hand-held devices
Project managed a team of 12 over the development of a Web application for Microsoft (Visual Studio Gallery). Conducted daily team meetings, documented technical specifications, and performed other tasks. Interfaced with customers in order to understand requirements and translate them into technical specifications. Provided solutions through research and working with development team. Created proposals to develop other Web applications with Microsoft, based on meetings, customer specifications and team collaboration. Community Driven Web application includes the following:
- Product page
- RSS feeds
- Silverlight gallery
- Ratings and reviews
- Tag clouds
- Search engine
- Various sorting features
Developed Web application for company’s direct import products.
- Developed application allows user to build base items for a series of products and build components and customer SKUs and attach these to base items.
- To reduce future maintenance and enhance performance, I built tableless HTML, MasterPages, CSS, and a complete user management system built on top of Microsoft’s Membership service.
Developed and project managed application that logs time and task data based on specific projects.
- The company’s subcontractors are able to log work done for project’s specific tasks and attach images to visually show completed work.
- Client can manage project based on automatically generated graphic-based reports and quickly inform customer of project status.
Analyzed and developed strategy for further development of an existing ASP.NET 2.0 Web application, which uses both Oracle 10g and SQL Server 2005 databases. The objective was to modify the application in order to comply with best practices and enhance response time, using custom classes, user controls and additional code. The application is used by several different types of health insurance employees to track customers' lifestyle choices in order to determine their health insurance premiums.
- Developed new features based on new business requirements.
- Reduced future development time by reducing unnecessary and troublesome code.
- Enhanced response time by using custom classes, user controls and additional code
Analyzed business requirements and documented functional and technical specifications for an ASP.NET Web application used by a medical group. The Web application provides physician performance reports, comparison charts, gauges and patient data to allow physicians track their medical performance and see if they qualify for incentives based on their performance. Individual physician data is calculated into scores that is then compared with targets to reach and overall scores from other physicians (peers) who are participating in a common physician group. Physician administrators also use the Web application to work with physicians to help improve their scores by looking at reports and comparison charts to see where medical practices can be improved.
- Documented functional and technical design documents, user interface mockups, sitemap, and other supporting documentation.
- Assisted project manager and senior developer in determining the best solutions to meet customer requirements, using ASP.NET Membership and Roles services, Dundas controls, Microsoft Enterprise Library, themes, content management systems, and other useful tools in completing application.
- Tested application and managed bugs. Documented deployment and impact documents and assisted in application’s deployment.
ASP.NET 2.0, C#, Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server Management Studio 2008, Word 2007, Visio, Excel 2007, Windows 7 and Vista, Kentico and Telerik content management systems
By Todd Paholsky